USB Digital Connection for iPod and iPhone
A USB port on the front panel provides convenient connection for your iPod/iPhone, which also charges when connected. Because the digital signal from the iPod/iPhone is transmitted directly to the AV Receiver, noise interference is minimized and sound quality is much better.
HDMI with 3D and Audio Return Channel
1080p HDMI with 3D and Audio Return Channel (4 In/ 1 Out) deliver crystal-clear, all-digital audio and video via a single cable, HDMI dramatically simplifies cabling and helps provide consumers with the highest-quality home theater experience. HDMI can provide an interface between most audio/video sources, such as a set-top box, Blu-ray player, DVD player, or AV Receiver and a video monitor, such as a High Definition Television (HDTV), over a single cable.
Audio Return Channel (ARC) is a distinctive 3D-ready function allows consumers to use a single HDMI connection to transfer digital audio from the TV back to the AV Receiver eliminating the need for a second cable between the TV and the home theater AV Receiver.
HD Audio with CINEMA DSP 3D
CINEMA DSP 3D provides a wide, high and dense sound field. HD Audio format decoding lets you enjoy HD Audio sources. Virtual Presence Speaker delivers 3-dimensional sound without actual use of presence speakers.
The actually measured sound field data contain the information of the height of the sound images. CINEMA DSP 3D mode achieves the reproduction of the accurate height of the sound images so that it creates the accurate and intensive stereoscopic sound fields in a listening room.
On-Screen GUI (Graphical User Interface)
This clean and simple interface makes setup and other operations extremely easy. The on-screen display can show album art, provides a choice of various languages and is visible over 3D images.
SCENE for One-Touch Start
The Four SCENE buttons make operating the receiver easier than ever. They are initially set to default settings for BD/DVD Viewing, CD Disc Listening, TV Viewing and Radio Listening. Pressing a SCENE button will automatically launch a number of operations that initiate play of the source controlled by that button. Other SCENE settings are also available, such as iPod Listening, SiriusXM Listening [model dependent], TV Sports Viewing and Action Game Playing. Browsing and selecting the settings is quickly accomplished by changing Input via the front panel and watching the on-screen display. The settings can be selected for one-time use, or they can replace the original default settings. The SCENE names can be changed also.
YPAO Automatically Sets the Best Sound for Any Room
Yamaha’s YPAO system uses a small microphone and sophisticated equalization to automatically set the best sound for any room, no matter where the speakers are. First it checks the speaker connections and phase of each speaker. Then it sends out tones which are captured by the microphone to analyze the room acoustics and sets a variety of parameters, such as the speaker size, the distance of the speakers and even the sound pressure level, etc. Until it achieves the best sound conditions for your room and you don't have to do anything!
Compressed Music Enhancer
When music is encoded into a digitally compressed format like MP3, the frequency response suffers. This function restores what was lost, so your music always sounds the way it should.
The RX-V471 has a low standby power consumption of 0.1W (1.2W in HDMI Standby Through mode) and an Auto Power Down feature (selectable to 4, 8 or 12 hours) which help make this an environmentally friendly receiver
Optional Accessories for Added Convenience
Yamaha Docks make it easy to enjoy your favorite music from your iPod or iPhone, with or without cables. With the YDS-12, all you have to do is set the unit in the cradle.
Universal Dock for iPod/iPhone YDS-12
yAired Wireless Dock System YID-W10
Bluetooth® Wireless Audio Receiver YBA-10
- 5-channel powerful surround sound (105W per channel)
- HD Audio format decoding: Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio; Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
- Burr-Brown 192 kHz/24-bit DACs for all channels
- Direct Mode for high quality sound reproduction
- Low jitter PLL circuitry helps optimize sound imaging
- 1080p-compatible HDMI (4 in/1 out)
- Supports Deep Color (30/36 bit), x.v.Color, 24Hz Refresh Rate and Auto Lip-Sync compensation
- HDMI with 3D and Audio Return Channel
- SCENE buttons (BD/DVD, TV, CD and Radio)
- Quick and simple to use
- HDMI CEC powers up compatible TVs and Blu-ray Disc™ players
- Front panel USB Digital Connection for iPod and iPhone
- iPod/iPhone song titles displayed in English and Western European languages on the front panel
- Multi-language on-screen display GUI including album art
- HDMI CEC with versatile control from AV Receiver remote control
- YPAO sound optimization for automatic speaker setup
- Audio input assign capability for HDMI and component video input
- Ability to change HDMI input while in Standby Through mode
- iPod/iPhone compatibility with optional YDS-12 Universal Dock
- Wireless connection for iPod/iPhone with optional YID-W10
- Bluetooth (A2DP) compatibility with optional Yamaha Bluetooth® Wireless Audio Receiver YBA-10
- Initial Volume Setting and Maximum Volume Setting
- Audio Delay for adjusting Lip-Sync (0-250ms)
- 40-station preset tuning / Auto preset tuning
- Preset remote unit
- Background video feature (for tuner and USB only)
- HD Audio decoding with CINEMA DSP 3D (17 DSP programs)
- Compressed Music Enhancer with CINEMA DSP
- Virtual Presence Speaker function for CINEMA DSP 3D surround without Front Presence Speakers
- Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control) and Adaptive DSP level
- SILENT CINEMA and Virtual CINEMA DSP
- Auto power down function with variable time setting
- Low Standby Power Consumption of 0.1W
- Low Standby Power Consumption of 1.2W (HDMI Standby Through mode)